16 School St.
Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m.-6:15 p.m.
7:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
The Planning Board consists of members who are appointed by the Board of Selectmen for a term of 3 years. NH RSA 674:1 describes the duties of the Planning Board. They include:
- Prepare, adopt, and amend a Master Plan to guide the development of the town.
- Report and recommend to the appropriate public officials and agencies any programs for the development of the town, for the construction of public buildings, or for municipal improvements.
- Recommend to the voters (e.g., at Town Meeting) the adoption of a zoning ordinance and amendments to the zoning ordinance.
- Review subdivision proposals to ensure compliance with existing regulations.
- Review land development proposals as required to meet the intent of the town zoning ordinances.
Chris Roy resigned as of July 19 because he was relocating to Hampton, NH. Michael O'Meara was unanimously elected as the new Chairman.
Planning Board Documents
Meeting Agendas Click on a year and then a meeting date to open the PDF file.
Meeting Minutes Click on a year and then a meeting date to open the PDF file.
Allenstown Master Plan Master Plan (PDF file), 198 pages, no apparent revision date.